Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not Much

My apologies, the school semester has begun (I teach) and seems like everything is due right now. I do have a Marie Antoinette part III post to present, which will be short, but I must carve out some time for it. However, in the meantime, if you are interested in reading a little about the modern American furniture design market here is something. CLICK

As the end of the month is closing in, I hope everyone is having a tolerable August!

10 comments:

Virginia said...

I just went on your appraisers blogspot and was very impressed. Then i went on your own Web site, soodiebeasley.com and loved the creativeness of it. Question--the blue chair on your site, is that an Eames' chair. I know it's not a Barcelona, and I do recognize it but don't know the maker.

Oh, happy school day. I bet you are a wonderful teacher and the students all love you.

home before dark said...

The injustice of it all: having to go back to school before the summer's heat breaks. Hope this school year is a good one for you. Wishing you the best.

David said...

I enjoyed your article. The cycles of things are interesting, I'm always curious what it is that brings about those market changes.

soodie :: said...

Virginia, the blue chair IS actually the Barcelona chair. I did a little post back in December and mentioned that chair: http://soodiebeasley.blogspot.com/2008/12/lilly-reich-behind-every-great-man.html

Thanks for your nice comments!

soodie :: said...

Home, it never feels like it is time for school until after Labor Day. What happened to the summer???

Thank you for your best wishes. I get lucky and always seem to have good students. Makes semesters a lot easier. However, I am strict about no secret texting under the desks during class!

soodie :: said...

David, I'm unfortunately not one to believe things happen for a reason (life all seems so random to me), except for the market. Looking back, it is quite amazing how styles evolve from or are a direct consequence of something happening -- event in history, politics, war, belief systems, social changes....

Karena said...

Soodie, I really enjoyed the article on the appraisers site. Great job. I am getting ready for two more shows; one is a solo exhibit with reception at Roeland Park City Hall on Sept 11th from 4-6 pm. I hope you can make it.

Chloe said...

Happy School Year.... I hope the dog days of summer are short and sweet for you dear Soodie!

Chloe said...

Dear Soodie, I nominated you for a Meme award. Stop by my blog to pick it up if you choose to participate--it's kind of fun!

soodie :: said...

Chloe. thank you thank you. I am humble.