Happy fourth Soodie! We're drinking sangria, grilling burgers, watching tv and hoping that Alex doesn't totally lose it later when the fireworks start. Here's hoping Billy isn't as jumpy with loud noises!
Happy fourth back to you David! We cut our evening short because I knew I would find Billy hiding and shivering in the bathroom. I made him a little bed in there knowing he would be. The fireworks started in my neighborhood around 10 this morning. It's hard on all these dogs out there -- crossing their legs all night not wanting to go out.
Sangria = nice. I must try your recipe on your blog!
I'm not a big 4th as we celebrate it fan. My father was in Patton's army and he never cared for it much either! In Lawrence we have a fireworks "ban". It banned for two days! UGH! Hope Billy is back to his routine and the fan is appropriately adjusted for perfectness. And those organic roasted veggies are ready for lunch.
I will definitely try your sangria! Hope you had a great 4th! Just in case you visited my blog recently... I had a problem with comments... its fixed now.. miss you.
Home, I've never been a fan either. Pride in this country, yes, loud noises and dense crowds of people, no. Big bands.. eeech. I liked the fireworks as a kid -- setting them off in the driveway and making my mom mad.
Save any stories your father told you about the war. We're loosing everyone along with the stories. I wish I listened more closely to my grandfather when he would tell them.
and thank you! Billy was so happy sunday morning that the three day long firworks ceased, he was skipping down the sidewalk during his morning walk.
Chloe, it's David's sangria recipe. Click on his blog http://midwesternmalaise.blogspot.com for it. I love the touch of Fresca -- as we are addicted to it in our home.
Fresca, that is.
I'm overdue to visit your blog as I do enjoy it... been buried with work again...
6 comments:
Happy fourth Soodie! We're drinking sangria, grilling burgers, watching tv and hoping that Alex doesn't totally lose it later when the fireworks start. Here's hoping Billy isn't as jumpy with loud noises!
Happy fourth back to you David! We cut our evening short because I knew I would find Billy hiding and shivering in the bathroom. I made him a little bed in there knowing he would be. The fireworks started in my neighborhood around 10 this morning. It's hard on all these dogs out there -- crossing their legs all night not wanting to go out.
Sangria = nice. I must try your recipe on your blog!
I'm not a big 4th as we celebrate it fan. My father was in Patton's army and he never cared for it much either! In Lawrence we have a fireworks "ban". It banned for two days! UGH! Hope Billy is back to his routine and the fan is appropriately adjusted for perfectness. And those organic roasted veggies are ready for lunch.
I will definitely try your sangria! Hope you had a great 4th! Just in case you visited my blog recently... I had a problem with comments... its fixed now.. miss you.
Chloe
Home, I've never been a fan either. Pride in this country, yes, loud noises and dense crowds of people, no. Big bands.. eeech. I liked the fireworks as a kid -- setting them off in the driveway and making my mom mad.
Save any stories your father told you about the war. We're loosing everyone along with the stories. I wish I listened more closely to my grandfather when he would tell them.
and thank you! Billy was so happy sunday morning that the three day long firworks ceased, he was skipping down the sidewalk during his morning walk.
Chloe, it's David's sangria recipe. Click on his blog http://midwesternmalaise.blogspot.com for it. I love the touch of Fresca -- as we are addicted to it in our home.
Fresca, that is.
I'm overdue to visit your blog as I do enjoy it... been buried with work again...
Post a Comment