
With humble thanks to Little Augury and Art By Karena for passing the Kreativ Blogger award to me. As I will pass it on. The conditions are: list 7 things about yourself that readers might not know, and then nominate 7 other bloggers.
Me:
1. I become paralyzed by the smallest decisions, but when I finally make one I do NOT want to hear: "are you sure?"
2. My favorite color since I was three has been navy. It was my favorite one in the crayon box. My parents moved to a new house when I was four, and my mom asked me what color room I wanted. I said navy. Instead I got baby blue and my brother got navy. To this day baby blue makes me mad.
3. When I was a kid I wanted to be an animator. I used to carefully study the Looney-Tunes cartoons on Saturday morning TV. My drawing skills peaked when I was 12 and I have never been able to surpass that point. As an adult, I wanted to be a furniture designer. I worked towards that goal for years; my life took a series of sudden and sharp turns taking me away from this path.
5. Sometimes I wish I could believe in God.
6. I love to sip a thick, chocolaty cold pint of Guinness. I have difficulties seeing my westie, Billy, as a dog rather than a little person. I still horribly miss my other westie, Tula. Somehow these three loves go together. Each, without fail, makes me feel warm and happy.
Thomas Hart Benton, Homeward Bound (1944)7. I was born and raised in the Midwest. I first left the area when I was 17 and swore I would never return. I came back. I left three more times and even to another country. Some major incident in life always brought me back. Each time I returned, I said it would only be temporary. No matter where I have lived or different and strange places I have seen, I realized that nothing is as promising and full of possibilities as a brilliant pink Midwestern sky.
Of course as a Libra, I deliberated and wanted to be fair in passing this torch onto 7 others. I chose each one for very, very different reasons:
* Image of me, in fact, after 4 pints of Guinness.
22 comments:
I agree with you about being yourself, painful and all. I hope your life is filled with as much navy blue as you want and need. I am impressed with the 4 pint smile. You once asked me as an older fellow Libran, does life get easier. I have thought about that one a bit. No, I don't think it does. But I do think we can develop more resilience to rebound a bit quicker, knowing we have lived through heartache and difficult times before. I agree about wishing sometimes that belief in god were possible. Find faith and hope that dog is god, or god is dog backward/forward as fits your outlook. I do think Billy is a person and glad he walks on this earth and keeps alpha men off the sidewalk.
Home, I want to nominate you... all of your comments on various blogs are intersting and wise.
Sometimes I fear that unfortunate or disappointing events in life only prepare us for harder ones to come.
(The 4 pints of Guinness is what helps me to smile....)
Your blog is wonderful and your
12-year-old stage drawing skills great. I like your direct style. What a dazzling smile!
Fun and thought-provoking, as usual. Completely agree with #4 and so glad you chose to share your drawing skills with us! I am certain you could figure out a way to animate them and then #3 would come true!
(and thanks for the award!... I humbly accept and intend to work hard to deserve it)
Soodie, I am tickled to read more about you, yes a million $ smile. I think your # 4 is same as my #1. Navy is a wonderful color-one I discuss with my mom and friends on occasion- I love to wear it- But can never seem to find it. I also returned to my hometown about 3 years ago- a tiny place-ever changed and still the same. Gaye
le style, smiles always seem to get bigger after a couple of drinks. too many and it will turn into a big frown the following morning.
Tracy, wouldn't have nominated you if I didn't think so...
GT, I liked your #1. Very few of you in the world today, it seems. Reassuring to know you are there.
So good to learn more about you Soodie!!
Congratulations on the Kreative Blogger Award -- and I'm delighted to get to know you better -- and I so enjoyed how you illustrated each of the seven items on getting to know you.
Oh my gosh, I forgot Billy. That is such a cute and fun drawing of him. He must have a wonderful personality for you to capture him like that.
You were blessed to have Tulla and Billy in your life. And they were blessed to have you as their guardian angel.
Congratulations with your blog award! And it is always so nice reading these 7 things and to learn someone knowing better!
Thank you for sharing!
Greet
Soodie - your #4 is so important. No matter where I go, I will always be in touch with my down to earth, maybe too frank midwestern roots and I wouldn't have it anyway. I think much unhappiness and illness is caused in denying who you are...
and a Kreative Bloggee award definitely needs to go to Madame Home!
EEE, I raise my glass to you. Most likely you're not too frank, rather you're just real.
Agreed on those denying who they are... I think meanness is a side effect as well.
And YES on Home with all her support and wisdom. I enjoy reading her comments on your blog... You deserve an award also!
navy? what child likes navy? this is exactly why i've always loved your style.
btw, to anyone reading this. She also has a wicked sense of humor. Soodie can make me laugh like few have ever. The kind of laugh that paralyzes and takes 10 minutes to recover from.
"Terrible" when you're trying to get work done and she's hanging out in your cubical.
omg MEGAN! my mother was so worried by my preoccupation with navy -- she started to dress me in pink.
you were my savior when i had to go back upstairs and sit in my oatmeal colored cubical being told what to do -- you left me with things to quietly chuckle to myself. it was the only way i got through those years. oh, your perspective was so spot on!
Thank you so much for my award. When I have thought of some witty banter I will come back and get it. One thing I will add is that you are a friend for life type woman - and not many are. xxx
Charlie Circus...
Back at you! ;-]
*that you got baby blue makes me mad too.
*Westies are people. No one can convince me otherwise.
*I share your wish about God.
*I love your animation. As I am a redhead with a Westie it is easy for me to project myself into your adorable "westie and you" portraits.
LBR, I'm glad you get it. As I knew you would. We share many similarities...
Oh, I can commiserate. I have many times complained that there is " a rut in the road" from me being dragged back to Georgia.
It seems every time i leave, I, end back up here. I just think there must be one more thing to learn before I can finally go.
TL, or maybe it means you're meant to stay? or from time to time, bring back what you've learned?
i think i have one more venture in me...
Post a Comment