Johan Carpner is a Swedish designer who created a light fixture. And I think I am in love.
The lighting fixture, dubbed Glänta, is available in two different sizes, both as a suspension and ceiling mounted fixture, and in three different colors: black, gray and white.
Made from sheet metal and acrylic he designed for Blond a couple years ago.

I'm starry-eyed for this light and can clearly see the suspended version in black hanging in my white subway tiled kitchen in a herringbone pattern over my breakfast nook with a built-in banquette softened with bright cushions... all of which I don't have.

Carpner received his degree from Konstfack in Stockholm. He has produced textile patterns and carpets inspired by nature for Swedish companies such as H&M, Åhléns and Svenskt Tenn and Kasthall.

This pattern is called Vinterek. And I love it too. It is haunting, yet serene.

Carpner also designs book covers the major Swedish publishing houses. You can clearly see how he carried this creativity over to different applications and materials.

He is most known for is his outdoor trellis called Tin Tree Spaljé which trains plants to grow upwards in a pleasing shape, but also brings beauty to the garden in the Winter when everything is dormant and brown.
This winter seems like a long one.
Amazing how your mood can lift when your eye falls upon great design.
(All images from Johan Carpner’s site and Scandinavian Design.)
7 comments:
Soodie, I love these ....brilliant designer!! I want a lighting fixture and the outdoor sculptures are wonderful!
This is lovely design work. Wouldn't it be wonderful if he designed wall paper?
I think this light would be perfect for you. If you can't see it in your head and heart, nothing great happens! As for the trellis. I fear my real roses may look just like the metal version...forever! Bummer of a winter.
Karena, few days have passed and the impulse is still there... i'm trying to find any dealer here in the US that carries his designs.
Virginia, yes, wouldn't that 'Vinterek' be fabulous at, say, the end of a hallway?
Home -- so so wise yet again... must see things in your head and heart.
and yes, bummer of a winter! cannot wait to plant flowers if spring ever gets here.
The trellises are gorgeous.
I love seeing your lovely face on your avatar. But I do miss your Westie. Westie okay?
p.s. thanks for your advice about the yellow shoes. I think you are absolutely right.
These are great. We've both seen the light lately!
Fascinating how he takes such a common theme—nature, branches—and makes it work for such disparate items. Love the white on black silhouette. Looks like veins, lightning, branches, an xray... If it were in my home, I'd lose lots of time just staring at it.
Post a Comment